To oxidize sodium sulfide (Na2S) component in the caustic scrubber effluent of olefin plants with air using wet air oxidation (WAO) process developed by JX Nippon Oil and Energy Corp. (NOE), the license being available from Toyo Engineering Corp. (TOYO).
Description: Conventional wet oxidation processes adopt a plug-flow type of reactor system,which usually has problems such as:
• Plug-flow reactors require higher reaction temperature for the oxidation reaction and need a feed preheater. Clogging problems in the outlets of the reactor and preheater often occur.
• High processing temperatures cause corrosion problems. Highgrade construction materials such as nickel or nickel alloy are needed for the reactor.
The NOE process, conversely, uses a complete mixing type of reactor (1) and has several advantages, such as:
• Mild and uniform reactor conditions can be maintained by complete mixing with very fine bubbles generated by a special nozzle application.
• No preheater is required.
• A lower-grade construction material such as stainless steel is used for the reactor.
• Less clogging problems and easier operation are due to the simple flow scheme.
Licensor: JX Nippon Oil and Energy Corp.