Somewhat different requirements apply to the various section of pipe, depending on the location and…
Additional recommendations for safe piping practices.
Several technical specifications13 that result in safer ammonia piping are the following:
• Use A106B or A53B pipe for low-temperature service. Some engineers also specify seamless pipe for liquid and hot-gas lines.
• Use 3000 lb socket weld fitting (A-181) for up to 37 mm (1–1/2 in) schedule 80 pipe.
• Use long radius weld ells and A-105 butt weld fitting on 50-mm (2-in) and larger pipe.
• Use no threaded joints on liquid lines larger than 25 mm (1 in) or on gas or vapor lines larger than 37 mm (1–1/2 in). If at all possible, seal weld the joint and paint after assembly to prevent external corrosion and leaks.
• Use a minimum of bolted flange joints. Use seal caps on the stems of all manual valves that are not frequently operated.
Categories: Safety | Comments Off on Additional recommendations for safe piping practices.